As part of my art practice I produce immersive, interactive experiences around specific themes. These can be purely experiential (physical, sensory), or explorative workshops where we work in multiple media (movement, visual, writing). I strive to create a space where participants can have multi sensory experiences and explore their own thoughts and feelings – which then lead to artistic expression. Experimentation and process are key and I see all participants as teachers who contribute their own knowledge to common learning. Creative movement (contact improvisation, dance improvisation, yoga) classes can be technical and aimed at physical development/fitness but participants are also invited to play with what they learn.
Locations and settings of workshops and interactive experiences:
- the Pink Pig Farm in Scunthorpe (Sept 2016: UK)
- at Lincoln University (April-Sept 2016: UK)
- Gallerij West Den Haag for the Winterschool of Discontent (Jan 2016: Netherlands http://westdenhaag.nl/exhibitions/16_01_Winter_School_of_Discontent)
- at Conferentieoord de Poort with Wieke van der Sluijs (2015-2016: Netherlands)
- Commemoration for the Lost Species Day (Nov 2016: Spiral Housing Collective, Falmouth: UK)
- teaching contact improvisation to Cornwall CI Jam (2015: UK)
- teaching movement awareness at Theater de Rode Hoed, Zutphen to young people with learning disabilities (2012: Netherlands http://www.theaterwerkplaatsderodehoed.nl)
- assisting site specific choreography classes with Lois Taylor at Falmouth University (2013: UK)
- assisting experimental anatomy classes (Body Mind Centering) with Rosalyn Maynard at Falmouth University (2011-2012: UK).
- exercise classes to elderly at Prince Charles Care Home, Falmouth (2012: UK)
- contemporary dance and creative movement classes at Teesside University (2009: UK)
- site specific choreography and creative movement at Dansatelier Heerlen and Droevendaal, Wageningen (2008: Netherlands)
- creative movement to the Joensuu student theatre (2007: Finland)